Several reasons could lead to tooth extractions. You could have sustained injuries from an accident or you could be suffering from oral health issues. Additionally, extractions are also required in cases of misalignment and if you are suffering from overcrowded teeth. Our dentists at Signature Smiles Of LA are trained to perform these procedures and will take utmost care during your tooth extractions. To ensure minimal pain all the aftercare instructions and recovery tips by your favorite Encino dentist must be followed. Let us take a look at these tips and tricks!
Tips To Help You to Recover Faster From A Tooth Extraction
It usually takes a couple of days to recover after your extraction procedure. The best dentist in Encino has listed certain instructions that can help you sail through your recovery period.
It is normal to experience slight bleeding after your extraction procedure by your dentist in Encino. Do not get scared if you notice red specks in your saliva. However, if your bleeding continues even after 24 hours then it is a cause of concern. Firmly apply pressure with a gauze or a teabag to control your bleeding. You must contact your Encino dentist if the bleeding persists.
Get Adequate Rest
- Keep your head in an elevated position for the rest of the day after the surgery
- Get up slowly from the bed to avoid any dizziness
- Avoid exercises and strenuous physical activities for the next 24 to 72 hours.
You can discuss with your dentist and opt for painkillers to keep the pain under control. However, you must get it checked immediately if the pain does not subside.
- You can use an ice pack to reduce inflammation. Gently press the pack on your cheek near the site of extraction for ten minutes. You can then take it off for the next five minutes. Repeat it till you get some relief from the swelling.
- You can also apply moist heat 24 hours after the surgery.
- However, if you are suffering from extreme swelling coupled with fever and pain, then you must consult your dentist in Encino without fail.
- Eat soft food items after your surgery. Crunchy items can cause damage to the area of extraction.
- Avoid very hot, spicy, and cold food items for the first couple of days.
- Try to eat nutritious meals and maintain a balanced diet.
Extra Tips To Take Care Of Your Mouth
- Avoid rinsing your mouth, spitting, or using a straw for the next three days after your surgery. This will disrupt the formation of a blood clot.
- Rinse gently. Avoid rinsing hard for the next seven days.
- Do not use a mouthwash for the next one week after your extraction procedure.
- You can brush gently and avoid the area of extraction a day after the surgery.
Things You Must Avoid Doing
- Avoid drinking hot liquids after your tooth extraction.
- Do not smoke. Smoking can hinder the process of clotting and lead to a dry socket.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. This might slow down your recovery process and your body might take longer to heal.
We hope this blog helps you to recover faster from your tooth extraction procedure by your Encino dentist. For the best tooth extraction procedure in Encino, CA, get in touch with us at Signature Smiles Of LA today!
Dr. Sheila Mahooti is an experienced dentist at Signature Smiles of Encino. She has received extensive training and experience in all aspects of general and cosmetic dentistry. The dental office in Encino boasts a state-of-the-art environment and the most modern dental equipment available. The dentist, the entire team of dental professionals, and staff prioritize the patient’s concerns. If you are living around Encino and looking for top-notch dental treatment, call and schedule your appointment with the dentist, Dr. Sheila Mahooti.