With many studies suggesting that the first thing that people notice during any encounter is the smile, more and more people are beginning to realize the importance of their smiles. Your teeth play a vital role in influencing how other people perceive you. So if you’re unhappy with your teeth, or are struggling with low confidence, then a smile makeover with veneers may bring about the change that you want.
Dental veneers are a popular cosmetic treatment for smile makeovers. They are bonded to the front surface, and sometimes the side surfaces of teeth to improve their appearance and replicate the natural look of healthy teeth.
Your dentist may recommend dental veneers:
- To cover severely discolored, slightly crooked, or poorly shaped upper front teeth
- To improve the color of the front teeth that have become yellow over time, or have a gray tint, and cannot be tuned white by bleaching
- To correct worn or chipped teeth
- To fix uneven spaces between teeth, including a diastema
Here are some of the benefits:
1. Highly customized smile design
Your smile is highly customized in terms of shade mapping, length, shape, degree of translucency, surface texture, and contours.
2. No special maintenance needed
With veneers, there is no special maintenance required beyond good daily oral hygiene. Regular dental checkups are also a must for maintaining a healthy mouth.
3. Strong and durable
Porcelain veneers are as strong and resilient as natural tooth enamel. Once the veneers are bonded to your tooth, they are highly resistant to flexion, which makes them durable and long lasting.
4. Require minimal tooth trimming
Veneers require less removal of tooth enamel compared to crowns. But if the dentist determines that you don’t have enough tooth left for shaving, they may recommend no-prep veneers.
5. Natural look
Porcelain veneers can be made to mimic the reflective properties of natural teeth, giving you an amazing, natural-looking smile transformation.
Consult your dentist today to determine if you’re a good fit.