Traditional metal braces are considered an unattractive treatment for both teens and adults looking to straighten their teeth. Invisalign, on the other hand, provides a discreet, comfortable, and convenient way to correct crooked teeth and a misaligned bite, so you can improve your smile without feeling self-conscious about brackets and wires showing in your smile over the course of your treatment.
The Invisalign System
Invisalign is cutting-edge approach to straightening your teeth with minimal interference to how you live. The treatment uses a series of custom-made clear aligners that are specifically designed to fit over your teeth, and gradually and gently move them into the right position based on the precise movements that Dr. Sheila Mahooti will discuss with you during your consultation.Read Ariella M.‘s review of Signature Smiles of LA on Yelp
The clear aligners are barely noticeable, which means that you can be yourself – without trying to hide your smile – while going through the Invisalign treatment. The aligners are custom-made for optimal comfort, plus they’re removable when eating and brushing your teeth for good oral hygiene.
Here are some other key features of the Invisalign system:
- The aligners are smooth and comfortable. You simply wear each set of aligners for two weeks, and keep replacing it every fortnight with the next set of aligners until you complete the treatment.
- The aligners are made from virtually invisible plastic, which makes them barely noticeable when smiling. Most people can’t tell that you’re having orthodontic treatment. This allows you to achieve a beautiful smile with minimal interference to your daily life.
- There Are no brackets to fix or wires to tighten, which reduces the risk of injury and number of trips to the dentist’s office for repairs or tightening.
- You only need to wear them for about 22 hours a day. So you can remove them when eating and cleaning your teeth, which makes it much easier to enjoy your favorite foods and maintain proper oral hygiene during treatment compared to braces. Make sure to clean them properly as instructed.
- You need to visit the dentist every 6-8 weeks to collect your next 3 or 4 sets of aligners and get the dentist to assess the treatment progress.
Invisalign treatment is a great option for busy and active individuals. Since there’re no wires to adjust, there is a low risk of dental accidents involving loose wires, plus you can choose when to visit the dentist for a quick check-up and to collect your next set of aligners.
Please visit Signature Smiles of LA for a proper assessment of your case to determine whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign. Call us today to book your appointment.