Dental implant in Encino, CA can be a perfect option to opt for if you are suffering from problems related to missing teeth. One of the major reasons behind this statement is – dental implants give you the chewing strength to enjoy all of your favorite meals once they’ve healed and fused with your jawbone. However, if you want your therapy to be successful, you must avoid certain meals for the first few weeks after they’re put.
Keeping this in mind, we have come up with food items to avoid after getting implants. Take care of the dental implants to witness the optimum outcome.
Which Food Items To Avoid?
Avoid the following foods for as least a week after implant surgery to avoid harming your implant and delaying your treatment:
- Crunchy food items such as chips and popcorn
- Tough or hard foods i.e raw vegetables, steak
- Chewy food items such as bagels, gummies, etc
- Sticky food such as taffy, caramel, etc
- Acidic food items such as citrus fruits
- Spicy foods
Know The Food Items To Include In Your Diet Right After Implant Surgery
Your teeth and jaw will be in a very delicate state once the dental implant is installed. As a result, sticking to a soft-food diet for the first 24 hours after surgery is crucial. Our dentists advocate integrating the following items into your eating plan:
- Applesauce – At this stage in your therapy, you won’t be able to bite into an apple, but applesauce can supply many of the same nutrients without hurting your implant.
- Smoothies – Smoothies are nutritious, filling, and simple to pack with critical vitamins for recharging your batteries. The fact that smoothies don’t require chewing makes them a fantastic post-surgery food option.
- Cold soups – Cold soups, such as gazpacho and others, can be enjoyed despite the need to avoid heated foods and beverages.
When drinking liquids, it’s vital to avoid using a straw. The suction force puts strain on your implant, preventing it from healing properly. For at least a few days, you should abstain from drinking alcohol and smoking. The habit of smoking is really bad for your teeth. So, try to quit (if you are a smoker) as early as possible.
What Should You Eat After A Few Weeks After Getting Dental Implant in Encino?
As your jaw heals, you can gradually reintroduce solid foods into your diet. To hasten your recovery, it’s best to eat meals that are high in protein and other vital nutrients.
The following are some of the food items we recommend:
- Eggs are simple to eat and high in protein. Combine them with vegetables and make an omelet for a well-balanced dinner.
- The lack of diversity is one of the most difficult aspects of sticking to a soft-food diet. Potatoes are a versatile dish that can be cooked in a variety of ways while maintaining its soft feel.
- If you consume meat, gradually reintroduce it into your diet. Start with softer meats such as chicken, fish, and ground beef, which can be coarsely chopped and added to salads, pasta, and other dishes for a tasty supper.
- Dairy products are high in protein and calcium, which help the body repair and maintain strong teeth.
We hope that going through this blog has been of effective help. In case you are looking for the best implant dentistry treatment in Encino, CA, book an appointment for Dental implant at Signature Smiles of Encino. You just need to give us a call to schedule a visit.
Dr. Sheila Mahooti is an experienced dentist at Signature Smiles of Encino. She has received extensive training and experience in all aspects of general and cosmetic dentistry. The dental office in Encino boasts a state-of-the-art environment and the most modern dental equipment available. The dentist, the entire team of dental professionals, and staff prioritize the patient’s concerns. If you are living around Encino and looking for top-notch dental treatment, call and schedule your appointment with the dentist, Dr. Sheila Mahooti.