If you’re paying attention, you might notice that your smile isn’t the brightest in your social group. Many people nowadays are considering the concept of improving the appearance of their smiles through dental procedures such as teeth whitening. This is one of the reasons why cosmetic dentistry has become so popular lately.
You are not required to put in a lot of effort to brighten and whiten your teeth. There are several teeth whitening options in today’s time. But, when done by a dentist near you, the effects are far better and more effective than when you whiten your teeth using other ways. In this blog, the best dentists in Encino have come up with the reasons to go for teeth whitening.
What Is Teeth Whitening Treatment?
Before getting aware of the reasons to undergo teeth whitening, you should know what the process actually is. It is basically a dental procedure in which the enamel of teeth is bleached to lighten and whiten their appearance. Professional teeth whitening is similar to at-home whitening, except that it is done at a dental office under the supervision of a dental professional.
Many people today are looking for different ways to whiten their teeth in the privacy of their own homes. While those treatments may be successful, there is something special about the efficiency of teeth whitening done by a dental professional.
The steps involved in the process of professional teeth whitening are mentioned below:
- Teeth Cleaning – Plaque and loose food debris are removed by brushing and flossing your teeth. In this way, any discoloration caused by poor dental hygiene will be addressed before the actual bleaching procedure begins. You should already see a difference in the color of your teeth at this point.
- Bleaching – Zoom teeth whitening makes use of hydrogen peroxide-based dental bleaches. The whitening chemicals have a higher hydrogen peroxide content than regular toothpaste and other over-the-counter whitening products. The whitening ingredients are applied to your teeth in the form of a gel or paste. The dentist will then leave the bleachers on your teeth for a set amount of time. Your dentist will use ultraviolet light or lasers to trigger the whitening chemicals. This will accelerate the penetration of hydrogen peroxide into the layers of your teeth, ultimately removing the stains.
- Rinsing – The dentist may need to repeat the bleaching procedure a few times. This is common among people who have stains that are extremely difficult to remove. After bleaching, your teeth must be thoroughly rinsed to eliminate all of the bleaching ingredients.
Why Go For Professional Teeth Whitening?
- Safe – The amount of hydrogen peroxide you expose your teeth to is an important consideration. If you use too much of it, it might harm the structure of your teeth (damaging the enamel layer), producing unjustified hypersensitivity. Moreover, if you try to whiten your teeth without the help of a dentist, you might risk damaging your gum tissue.
- Really fast – Your whitening treatment should be finished within a few minutes on the dentist’s chair. The use of lasers and ultraviolet radiation to activate and speed up the bleaching process makes the procedure of whitening your teeth quick.
- Effective – When done at a dental office, teeth whitening is immensely effective. Patients see the brightness and whiteness of their teeth almost immediately after the procedure. Other procedures may require you to repeat the treatment over several days to see any changes in the color of your teeth.
- Outcome lasts longer – While the outcomes are not everlasting, the brightness of your teeth can last up to a year or longer with professional whitening. On the other hand, you may require a repeat procedure after a few weeks, usually up to three months, if you brighten your teeth at home without the help of a dental professional.
- Improves oral hygiene – You will never grasp the importance of a deep cleaning session with a dentist if you are whitening your teeth at home. The brightness of your teeth is already visible after having them properly cleaned. Your oral hygiene will improve as a result of the deep cleaning, as will the overall health of your mouth.
We hope that going through this blog has helped you get a clear idea about teeth whitening. In case you are looking for the best teeth whitening treatment in Encino, CA, book an appointment at Signature Smiles Of LA.