Many of our patients express concern about the appearance of their smile. In many cases, porcelain veneers are the ideal solution. These ultra-thin layers of porcelain accentuate the natural beauty of the smile. At the same time, the extra coverage of a veneer also creates greater resilience than what exists naturally. If you are in need of minor alterations to the size, shape, or color of a tooth, there is a good reason to consider what's possible with porcelain veneers. You can learn more about this treatment in a visit to our Encino dental office.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Perhaps one of the biggest concerns about a smile makeover is losing the natural characteristics in a tooth or teeth. Veneers are sculpted to achieve a particular appearance; one that enhances your smile as a whole. The craft that goes into making veneers achieves such a close resemblance to natural enamel that differentiating between the two is nearly impossible.
- An important difference between porcelain and enamel is that porcelain will not stain like your natural teeth will.
- Veneers provide the necessary coverage to achieve your desired aesthetic with only minimal alteration to natural structure.
- Veneers can brighten even the most severely discolored teeth.
- Thin sheets of porcelain can disguise small gaps, overlaps, minor twists, and other flaws quickly and comfortably.
Is There a Downside of Veneers?
Veneer treatment is suitable for many patients who want to fall back in love with their smile. We wouldn't really say there is a downside to this cosmetic process. However, it is important to know as much as you can before committing to your new smile.
- Conventional veneers bring out the best in the smile but require a lifelong commitment. Once teeth have been reduced, they will need a covering in order to prevent damage and discoloration. Veneers can last several years with good care.
- Porcelain veneers are fabricated by an experienced ceramist in a dental lab, so there is approximately a week in between prepping teeth and the placement of their final restorations.
- Mild, temporary sensitivity may be experienced after teeth are reduced. This may continue for a short time after veneers have been affixed to teeth.
- Veneers are durable, but not much more so than natural teeth. Therefore, care should be taken to avoid biting and chewing hard objects in order to maximize their life span.
Learn how veneers can bring out the best in your smile. Call our Encino dentist at (818) 600-1884.
Location: 16500 Ventura Blvd. Ste 150-B Encino, CA 91436
Read Related Articles About Veneers